3rd Call for Wise Practices
Life Promotion and Suicide Prevention for First Nations Youth
The intention is to honour and give credit to what is already happening in communities throughout Canada, and to draw links and connections among them for mutual benefit. This project aims to both be informed by, and potentially inform, a range of projects and resources related to the prevention of suicide and the promotion of life, resilience and wellbeing among youth. At this point, we are looking to add up to three new wise practices. Specifically, we are looking to feature projects that:
- Speak to specific practices that support life among Indigenous youth by strengthening the community.
- Centre life-affirming practices, rather than deficit-centred or problem-focused approaches to preventing death.
- Enhance hope, belonging, meaning and purpose
- Demonstrate life-affirming community change
- Commit to centering Indigenous knowledges, and recognize the place of culture, community, spiritual life, and the land in relation to this work.